Saturday, August 18, 2007

St. John Bosco, Pray For Them

This prayer request, very similar to Barb's was in the comments.
I'll pray for Adventure Boy. I've got a 7 year old "adventure girl" as a neighbor who is also breaking my heart. My oldest kid is only 4 and way younger than Adventure girl in experience. I've had to put sharp restrictions on the where and when of play because my kids are so little & we have a newborn at our house. Instead of early morning visits, Adventure Girl visits our home late at night -9 PM and wonders why my 2 & 4 year old can't come outside to play. Excuses like "dinner/bath/bedtime" don't mean anything so night after night its the same routine.The doorbell rings again and again "can't they come out now?" I get frustrated easily with her now.

Then something happens like my husband telling me that he saw Adventure Girl at our apartment pool and she doesn't own a bathsuit, just swims in a tee shirt and shorts. And I think "och, that is poverty- the broken shoelaces and no bedtime must also come from a Mom who is just really overwhelmed."

St. John Bosco is a good saint to pray to for her and Adventure Boy. Please let me know if you get any insights on this challenge.

No comments: