Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Answers Aren't Always What You Think They'll Be

My great-Aunt Florence had three children all very close in age. When they were still quite small, the middle child had a tendency to wet his bed.

Every night he wet his bed. The other two never had this problem, just the middle child. And every night my Aunt Florence would have to get up and change the wet sheets.

Finally, one night, exhausted from all this late-night linen changing, she prayed "Dear God, please don't let him wet his bed tonight. Please Lord."

And the Lord heard her prayers and he answered them. The middle child did not wet his bed that night.

The other two did.

Thank you God for having a sense of humor.

3 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

LOL. God does have a great sense of humor!

Christine said...

I really appreciated this humorous story. I have a child who wets his bed every night.

Michelle said...

My oldest did this until he was over 5. Now it's my fourth child. But if it's not this, it would be something else!

Oh, and the funnier thing about my story with #5 wetting #4's bed was that #4 wet hers again last night (early this morning)! My Father-in-law says, "No rest for the wicked." And I always say, "Yes, and I know just what I've done to deserve this!"