Sunday, March 16, 2008

Update - Fr. Corapi


From: Sue of Half the Kingdom Apparently, there was an email going around (it is at the end of Sue's email) with a rumor of Fr. Corapi's illness.
Dear one in Christ,
Greetings in the matchless name of Jesus Christ!
I am writing as the message concerning Fr. Corapi's health is actually a false rumor. After learning of it, I phoned Santa Cruz Media and they informed me that he has had the flu, but that is all. His decision to not travel for 2008 was one made outside of any health issues, which, at this point, by the grace of God, are not as represented in the email excerpt being forwarded and, for your reference, contained below.

Having said that, it is always a good and important thing to pray for our beloved priests. As Fr. Corapi has such a cherished charism, we must pray for him specifically, daily, that God's grace may continue to enable him to so effectively transform lives for the better.

I do encourage you to phone Santa Cruz Media ( www.fathercorapi.com) yourself on Monday and confirm this information for yourself. The lady I spoke with there said they were already aware something was afoot as they have been getting many calls of inquiry in recent days concerning Fr. Corapi.

In the united hearts of Jesus and Mary,
Sue

At 07:50 AM 3.16.2008, you wrote:
From: MT Melvin
Date: Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 12:23 PM
Subject: PRAYERS NEEDED FOR FR CORAPI
To: Aaron


Terese Russo

VERY PRESSING PRAYERS NEEDED FOR FR CORAPI

Dear All,

Please pass this message on to all prayer warriors that you know. At one of
the talks that Father Corapi gave that I attended, I spoke with him after
the talk and he asked that the Memorare be said for him.

God Bless,
Pat


From: John Corapi
To: jenkins
Subject: Invitation Fr. Corapi Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:19:10 +0000

Dear Stephanie, Thank you most sincerely for your very kind invitation regarding your May 30, 2008 Celebration of Priesthood. Normally I would be very happy to be there if it were possible.

I am at this moment waiting for a private jet to take me to the Mayo Clinic. I have been quite ill for over six months and the local physicians can't solve the riddle. In addition, for the first time in
20 years I am not traveling at all in 2008.

Please pray that God's will be done in my current situation.

We shall pray for your parish and diocese, your Bishop and all of your seminarians.

God bless you, Fr. John Corapi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard Father John on EWTN last Thursday talking about his illness on the phone. He was on Life on the Rock. Anyway he said that they have determined that he has a parathyroid tumor. I had one removed 2 years ago. He needs to go to the best doctor where I went at Tampa, Florida. If anyone can get this message to him please tell him to go to parathyroid.com and he will get all the information he needs. God Bless, Denise